Code Enforcement

MSD Code Enforcement officers enforce Magna Township codes which reflect the standards of our community. Codes are enforced in an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for you and your family to live in. We work together to create and maintain a beautiful community with sustained property values and a low crime rate.

MSD Code Enforcement Information

To report a possible violation please call (385) 468-6700 or report online on the MSD website - Code Enforcement. You will need to set up an account in order to report a problem online.

What We Do...


Materials commonly designated as junk must be removed from your property. (Such as: Appliances, car parts, scrap metal or wood, etc.)
All vehicles must be licensed or stored within an enclosed, approved structure.

Parking Areas

All parking areas must be maintained and surfaced with asphalt, Portland cement, or other binder pavement.
Parking is not permitted on dirt, landscaped areas, or other soft surfaces.
Heavy commercial vehicles may not be parked in residential zones.

Sidewalks and Right of Way

All vehicles, including RVs, may not be parked in a way that obstructs pedestrian passage on the sidewalk.
Trees and bushes must be cut and maintained 13.5 feet above the street pavement.
Areas designated for off-street parking may not be used for outdoor storage of materials.
Sidewalks must be shoveled before 8:00 AM the day after a snow storm.


All signs must have a permit issued by the Planning Department of the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District.


More than one family or more than three unrelated individuals are not allowed in a single-family dwelling.


Solid fences, bushes, or hedges (which act as fences) in a corner lot may not exceed two feet in height.
Construction of a fence in excess of six feet is not allowed without a building permit from the Greater Slat Lake Municipal Services District, or its contracted service provider. 

Property Maintenance

All weeds must not exceed six inches in height.
All weed trimmings must be removed from the premises.


Remodeling, re-roofing, window replacements, and basement construction all require a building permit from the Greater Salt Lake Municipal Services District, or its contracted service provider.

What we don't do...


Cars parked incorrectly on the street - refer calls to the Unified Police Department
People living in their mobile trailers


Overhanging tree limbs